Tuesday 19 February 2008

the dreamers

At the risk of sounding ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by feelings of love.
_Che

[From a speech made in Chile at the site of a statue of Che on November 28, 1971]
Men contribute to the making of history, but history also makes men.
_Fidel Castro

I know you are here to kill me. Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man.
_Che

I do not bid you farewell. My only wish is to fight as a soldier of ideas. I will continue to write under the title 'Reflections of compadre Fidel'. It will be another weapon in the arsenal on which you will be able to count. Perhaps my voice will be heard. I will be careful.
_Fidel Castro

...castro retires. love that man...sad am i.
here are some links:

bbc article about his retirement...links to reactions to it, as well as excerpts frm his letter. grr i hate when people make democracy seem better than it is. it is a concept like any other. and flawed. as they all are.

National Security Archive Electronic Briefing Book No. 5
total mind fuck that this arbidly exists in internet space. O_o




No comments: